Thursday, December 24, 2009

Pushing my buttons.

It's that one little button. There is one button on the keyboard that does function, does light up, but yet I really don't know what it is for. That would be the scroll lock key. Yeah, there are several keys on the keyboard that may not make sense, pause/break, any of the function keys above f4, but they don't have their own light. So back to the scroll lock, so far the only thing I have found it will do is lock you on one cell in Excel, but really what good is that. Other than that, what purpose does it serve? It won't keep your document from scrolling up or down. It won't keep this webpage from scrolling. So what is it actually locking. We already know what num lock and caps lock do. I even find that they are very useful (though my keyboard doesn't have a num lock key, which I removed, because I hit it sometimes when I am trying to hit the seven), but still no use for the scroll lock. Well, I guess it sits there, most of the time with its little light off just waiting for an actual use, I am guessing it did something back in the day of DOS based programs, but even there I don't remember having a use for it.

No comments: