Friday, May 8, 2009

Preparing me for depends

I've concluded that our world is preparing us for Depends diapers. I figured this the other day as I walked into the bathroom. I stood there and went pee, then walked over to the sink. While I walked to the sink, something happened. This thing that I have been doing myself all my life (and got yelled at for not doing as a kid) happened without my assistance. The toilet flushed. Next, I put my hands into the sink and, voila, something else I've done all my life happened, the water came on. I put my hand under the soap dispenser, and poof, soap. I washed my hands, turned towards the towel dispenser, and as the water turned off, I had to grab some towels. WHAT? you say. Yes, strangely enough at my work, I can pee and wash my hands without touching a thing, but when it comes to getting towels, I have to pull them myself, a strange irony.
The point to all this? Slowly the bathroom call is becoming fully automated. Yes, we are being prepared for Depends diapers.

4 comments:

naptime nostalgia said...

Love this post! So true. But with little ones, I sorta enjoy the hand-less pee.

The Gearheads said...

Good point, and I have to admit, it definitely is much more sanitary.

Your Conscience said...

------------------------------------
Your Conscience is of the opinion that most men's rigs are cleaner than the bathrooms they use. That's why it suggests men wash their hands BEFORE they pee, thus keeping their landing gear clean...
-----------------------------------

The Gearheads said...

So you wash your hands before. Do you also wash your hands after?

(note to self: Don't eat anything your conscience makes.)