Thursday, April 15, 2010

Weather in Utah.

It's been said "if you don't like the weather in Utah wait fifteen minutes". I find that to be a bit of an exaggeration. What I do find is every year we go through the same weather for spring and every year I hear the same complaints "What happened to spring, it went from winter directly to summer." For all the years I have lived here spring has always occurred. Spring in Utah is not a gradual warming trend, but rather a fun roller coaster of weather. In the last 30 days we have had 9 days of snow, and 11 days with a high above 60°. We have driven the convertible for probably 9 or 10 days. Along with that we have had 14 days with a low below freezing, 11 days with a high in the 40s, 8 days with a high in the 50s, 9 days with a high in the 60s, 2 days of 70°, and 14 days of precipitation (most of which seem to fall on a Friday or Saturday. Here is a graph of the temperatures in Salt Lake for the last 30 days. This is all typical for a spring in Salt Lake City. I love it, it snowed on Tuesday and I am driving the convertible today. Next month it will probably be wet and in the 40s and 50s, then dry and in the 80s and 90s and then wet again, then dry again (spring). So what happens to spring in Utah? It is wet and dry, cold and hot, windy and calm, dusty and clear. Yep, get used to it and enjoy, nothing is gonna change there.

No comments: