Thursday, December 16, 2010

Thematic Photo - Family

Family has always been big for me, I grew up on the east coast around so many relatives that our family tree could be printed into a book.  Well, actually it has been.  My paternal grandmother was the oldest of nine, seven of which went on to have children of their own.  Now I sit here myself a parent of two very fun and active boys.  They sure keep me moving. Last night we hung out and watched "Despicable Me" together, quite a funny movie, and a great family night for us, we all had a great time.
Since I don't really take many portraits as it is, and even less of myself, I dug up a picture somebody else had taken.  This was taken at the local amusement park called Lagoon, they have an area called Pioneer Village which brings you back to the mid 1800s supposedly.  They have all the old shops, most you can't get in, but the ice cream shop is a popular stop.  They have the log flume ride there, and have done these little western shootout plays in the middle of the street there, I don't know if they still do them though.  They also have an old photo shop where you can get a picture of yourself dressed up in era clothing.  It can be a lot of fun, I've done this twice, once with a bunch of friends where we made the entire shop speechless, but I will leave that story up to my brother, Max, who was also there, and just this last year with my wonderful wife and boys.  They let you do several poses, this one is my favorite.

4 comments:

A Paperback Writer said...

Cute!

carmilevy said...

The more I read and see your work, the more convinced I am that you would be an absolute hoot to hang around with.

If I'm lucky, I'll get the chance someday. Until then, I'll enjoy these delightful vignettes of an obviously very cool family.

The Gearheads said...

The irony, Carmi, is the Mrs and I have talked about how it would be nice to meet you sometime, and we enjoy how you think and your writings. Maybe someday we will make it to London, or perhaps if your family makes it to Utah we can show you the sights.
-Mr

21 Wits said...

Absolutely familysville! This is a great picture...! Very nice!