I missed adding this one picture to my favorites, this was last spring and I just could not leave it out of the set.
Now on to the current TP, wet. Every two or three years since big trouble was born Mrs and I take a road trip, we ask grandma to watch the troubles, pack up the stuff we need, and drive. We used to always take our minivan, pull the seats out, and put in a mattress in case we decide to crash on the side of the road. We try to avoid driving the interstates and stick to the state and federal highways. We often will go in February, so we end up heading to Southern Utah and sometimes to visit friends in Nevada. It ends up being a great way to spend three or four days for us, we love road trips, we do some of our best talking on road trips, though at times we can sit quiet for hours. On this particular road trip we took Utah 14 east out of Cedar City to US 89, then north to Utah 12 which is a well known scenic road. If you are ever in the area, it is a beautiful drive through the red rock and Escalante, then to Boulder Mountain. These pictures however I believe are from Utah 14 not to far east of Cedar City.
I really enjoy the way the stream looks running through the snow and red mud, and the look of frozen waterfalls is amazing, the way they look moving yet still. I think I am feeling the need for another road trip.
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
love these shots!
interesting.
i blog cuz i love to write. and write cuz i love to blog...I know that sounds odd, but both have a place in my writing now...
i look forward to seein more of what you write about...
Bruce
bruce johnson jadip
evilbruce
stupid stuff i see and hear
Bruce’s guy book
the guy book
Dreamodel Guy
dreamodeling!
Quite lovely photos and what a catch a such a quiet moment frozen in time to last forever! Good for you and the Mrs. on private road trips just for you two...cuz kids love getting away too...!
Really beautiful shots - and the crocus would be my favourite too!
Breathtaking. You can almost see the forces of life and renewal in these frigid vignettes.
My last real road trip was too long ago. Thank you for the timely reminder to start planning the next one. At the core, I think we all must be wanderers!
Post a Comment